THEME: Why is studying the humanities important?
WHAT: The Shout Out for the Humanities! contest gives you the opportunity to share how the humanities are important to you. This contest is OPEN to all majors and is FREE to enter.
SUBMISSIONS: Contestants have free rein on how to display or communicate how studying the humanities are important. Here are some suggested submission ideas:
- Write a short essay (less than 200 words)!
- Make a video!
- Assemble an exhibit or portfolio of your photographs!
- Create a digital work (e.g., multimedia or interactive exhibit, story map, timeline, info-graphic, video game, etc.)!
- Make a poster!
- Write a song!
- Draw a cartoon!
- Paint a picture!
- Design something (e.g., t-shirt)!
- Write a short story or play!
Submissions must be your original work. Individual submissions and teams are allowed. One entry per individual or team. First prize is $100, second prize is $75, third prize is $50. Winners will also receive a certificate and be featured on the Center for Public Humanities website and social media.
THERE ARE THREE WAYS TO ENTER:
1) PICK UP AN ENTRY FORM AT 300 SPOTTS WORLD CULTURE BUILDING.
2) DOWNLOAD HERE. SCAN AND EMAIL YOUR SUBMISSION TO AMIE.WINTERS@SRU.EDU.
3) FILL OUT THE ONLINE ENTRY FORM.
HURRY! SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE BY APRIL 7 AT NOON.